Stitching at the Beach Retreat September 15-18th, Hilton Head Island
**The Nimble Needle and Needlepoint Junction** are so excited to be putting on this retreat together.
Mark your calendars and start planning for this special event.
**_September 15 - 18 at the Westin Spa and Resort at Hilton Head Island._** The cost will be $500 per person, which includes meals, resort fees and other incidentals. Classes and room charges are separate. We have a limit of 35 attendees, so plan early!
Reservations can be requested now, by using the customized link that's been created for our group.
The link for the reservation is:
[Stitching at the Beach](https://book.passkey.com/e/50281696)
or by calling the Westin at 1-843-681-4000 Extension 7301or Fax to 1-843-681-7704.
**Painting A Name On Your Needlework with Emma** $25.00 spaces limited
2 sessions will be available
_**It's All About The Thread with Geri**_ -- $15.00
Everything you thought you knew and more about threads from fiber content to stitch suggestions.
_**Robin King_ -Robin's Greatest Hits** - $100 per session. If you would like her Handbook, Robin's Greatest hit, there is an additional cost of $30.00.
Min 10 per class.
Robin’s Greatest Hits - 4 sessions
- Beginnings has 7 different ways to begin and end your threads. Success begins at the beginning.
- There will be a stitch example for each with diagrams as well as an overview for applying the Beginnings techniques.
- Sister Stitches shows variations of a stitch concept for best size perspective on the canvas. Charted diagrams will be included for each of the Sister Stitches.
- Robin’s love for needlepoint grew from a foundation of embroidery/crewel. Three-Dimensional stitches will enhance your project with some of Robin’s Favorite stitches. You will work 19 of them on a practice canvas.
- Not comfortable with or avoid using Beads? Try Robin’s method and see if you don’t have better results.
- Learn 15 Ribbon techniques with sensible ways to apply to your needlepoint canvas.
- Get creative and comfortable with various 3D techniques. Learn the basics of Buttonholes and then apply their variations.
- Never fear Bullions again.
- Watch the Victorian Tufting develop.
- Stumpwork is no longer a mystery.
Robin King has learned from the best. She also prides herself on sharing what she knows. “See One, Do One, Teach One” is her mantra.
Robin’s Greatest Hits is typically a 2-day workshop-type class exploring Robin’s favorite techniques and stitches: Ribbons, Beading, Bullions, composite stitches, as well as many helpful hints to enhance your needlepoint. We will be breaking this down into 4 sessions so you can attend one or all.
We will work on blank canvas using assorted Ribbons, Beads and Threads. There will be a detailed color handout with photos and diagramed charts. You will refer to your new-found knowledge again and again.
**Small Project Class** -- (a little canvas from your swag bag)
Time and dates to be determined - you must sign up in advance for all excursions.
_Coastal Discovery Museum:_
Discover Honey Horn:
$15 per person for a 1-1.5 hour private tour -- limited to 8-12 people
_Sweetgrass Basket Class:_
$75 per person for a 2-hour class.
_Old Savannah Tours (Hop On, Hop Off):_
$38 per person ($2 discount for seniors/military)
$45 per person for a 2-hour tour